Sunday, August 22, 2010

2011 Everest Clean Climb

So far, I am the only "non Nepali" climber signed up for The 2011Everest Clean Climb.
I am fine with that because it means that KB Tamang(2009 Solo Everest Climber ) will be my personal Guide!
Training is progressing according to schedule and I am now running (treadmill) 6 miles per day(working up to 10 miles)! Also there is stationary bike work and, starting in Sept., carrying/running a hilly course (4 miles) with backpack weight starting at 30lbs and gradually increasing to 60lbs.
January 2011 I will be training on Mt. Washington NH.for a week. Ice climbing, crampon skills, Jumar work and other skills.
Even though Everest has become a somewhat "commercial" climb....it is still a very Dangerous,Challenging Endeavor that sees more Failures Than Triumphs!

No comments:

Post a Comment