Monday, October 25, 2010

Unfortunate News

I am sorry to have to report the death of Ted Pasquale in a motorcycle accident! Ted and I went "way back" and, as often happens, we reconnected when in 2009 he contacted me about trekking to Everest Base Camp and climbing Island Peak.
We became very close friends, again, while meeting regularly and planning the trip.
ted was an accomplished "Adventure Traveler" and had organized multiple trips to Africa and climbed Mt. Kilamanjaro numerous times!
Ted and I spent a month together last October trekking to Everest Base Camp and attempted to climb Island Peak(20,308 ft). We were unable to due to weather conditions.
Ted was a "hard nosed" "Live Life To The Fullest" type guy and he and I became very close friends(again) on our month long trek to Base Camp!
The "Rest Of The Story" is that Ted designated any "Memorials" In His Name to be directed to The Himalayan Education Development Project! We are in the prcess of establishing The Ted Pasquale Memorial Fund. The top 3 graduates of the Jana Priya Secondary School will receive funds so that can furtherb their educational endeavors!
I will miss Ted more than words can express! And I am honored to have been able to spend time with him doing what we both love so much!!
In his honor, I will be wearing a Clemson hat on the 2011 Everest Climb and, hopefully placing it on the summit of Mt. Everest!
Amber Tamang and I wish You All The Best!!

2 comments:

  1. I am filled with sadness at the death of my friend. I have been friends with Ted since he was my high school advisor and I know that the memorial would mean a ton to him. He also would love to see that Clemson hat at the top of the world. Best of luck and safe travels.

    Fred Rizzuto, Jamestown, NY

    ReplyDelete