Thursday, May 13, 2010

US Support etc.

Sorry....I pushed the wrong button. Published the title, with no dialogue!
Pres. Obama has "earmarked" funds to "help Nepal and other Asian nations. My concern is "how much of the $ will "actually" get to "the people"! The current Gov't is "corrupt" and the Maoists, as always, talk a "good show", however, in the end "The People" never benefit.So many,"unmentionable" arrangements and deals!
HED has received some generous donations from numerous organizations and businesses since my return to the States!It is heartwarming to know that HED's efforts are being "recognized"!
I am scheduled to meet with my Ortho-surgeon tomorrow.My right shoulder has been "compromised" for some time now! Forty years of weightlifting, shot+discus throwing and PE teaching and carrying 100lb loads.... have contributed to a "possible" operation. All I know is that I am unable to lift a cup of coffee up with my arm!
Friends(who have had such surgery) tell me about "lengthy recoveries", etc. I have had numerous knee surgeries and dealt with many other "procedures" and physical complications, throughout my career."This to shall pass"!
On to The 2011 Everest Nepal Guides Cooperative "Clean Climb"! I am part of a four person Everest Summit Climb, whose objective is, not only to summit Everest....but to remove garbage and debris from the slopes of Everest's South side. We will be documenting the entire Expedition, led by an all Nepalese based consortium of Guides and Climbers!!
Pictures from my "experiences" in Nepal in April/May will be coming soon! My wife Sue, is sorting through the videos and photos and will be posting them soon!
Amber and I want to Thank You All for your continuing support towards our efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment