Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Back in States

Namaste All!
Yesterday Amber and I caught a "Tourism Board" bus to the airport in Kathmandu for my flight back home. I was sad to be leaving Amber, his family and my other friends in the midst of a "situation" that probably will get worse before it gets better.
Police in full riot gear lined most of the main streets,as the days protests were getting ready to commence. The Maoists are noe experiencing their own problems....sickness, desertion(as those who were "drafted" into their movement)are needing to get back to their villages and begin planting crops.
The PM still will not step down, even though his own want him to. There seems to be no Compromise.
In am able to leave it behind for now but my friends and the people we are committed to helping cannot. But as Amber says "It is what it is"! And I know I can do more here in the states.
So, I'm in LA after 18 hrs of flights with another day of flights back to my home.
Pictures will follow over the next few days.
Our Best to you!

2 comments: