Monday, November 23, 2009

A Continuous Journey!

Hello Everyone!

It has been awhile since the last entry. After my return to the States, I "jumped" right back into training and HED/3 Jewels fundraising and planning.
I am scheduled to present 3 slideshows/lectures in December/January and am involved in Fundraising Projects with Southwestern Central High School....related to HED.
Amber is planning on,hopefully, coming to the States in June/July 2010! We are very excited about this as he will have an opprtunity to visit his 2 brothers who now live and work in NYC and Oregon! Also, He and I will be involved in Fundraising Events for HED. I am thrilled at the prospect of "My Brother" coming here....yet we still have some "hurdles to clear". Since 9/11, all foreigners applying for Visas are carfully "srutinized", and all paperwork,recommendations,etc. must be "spot on"!
I am working with The International Institute of Erie on a joint Fundraising Event! I have committed to carriying "100 Pounds For 100 Miles For 100 Children"!
I hope to walk from Lakewood to Erie(approx. 50 miles) carrying a 100 pound load on my back! We will then host a Concert/Dinner Event. I will then walk from Erie to Lakewood! All donations/pledges/funds raised will be divided equally between HED and The International Institute which helps refugees from Nepal, Bhutaan, Somalia and other countries, find housing, work and "a better life" in The U.S.! We are hoping to get 100 individuals/groups to donate or pledge $ 100 each! If you'd like to be part of this Event please contact me!
I am currently in the training and planning stages of this Event, which will take place sometime after the New Year!
Amber is back in Kathmandu after leading a Buddhist Pilgimage in Nepal and India with The Ven. Robina. We are very pleased with our 3 Jewels Adventures advertisement in the Dec/Jan issue of Shambhala Sun! Please check out our 3 Jewels website as well as HED's site for upcoming treks/climbs and fundraising events!
Amber and I send our best regards to Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment