Thursday, May 21, 2009

Welcome!

I would like to welcome you all to this new blog site! This site will serve as a way for you to keep up with my adventures in the Himalayas working together with Amber Tamang and 3 Jewels Adventures as a trip organizer/leader.
It will also serve to update you about our Himalayan Education Development Project....our new non-profit organization.
My first bit of news is that Amber's younger brother, Karna(KB) was scheduled to summit Everest two days ago! We are still anxiously waiting for confirmation that he is alright!
I am a mere 20 some days from retirement as a teacher at SWCS! And....2 days after that....I will be heading to Kathmandu for a 3 week trek to Tapting....Amber's home village. We are bringing in supplies (books, building materials,etc) in order to finish the library building project for the regional school.
It is no easy task! No roads....only trails....so all has to be carried in....4 days from the remote landing strip. This area is off the main "Everest Highway" route....so does not have all the modern trappings....for instance...there is no electricity in the village.
Our trek is to be filmed as part of a documentary!
You will be able to follow along as we do our thing!
And Hey....if you want to donate to our Project....send me an email and I will let you know to go about it!
My best to all
Jim Tillotson(people call me Tillie)

No comments:

Post a Comment